Monday, February 1, 2010

Humble wife?

Proverbs 11:2, "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom."

Truth is I pray to be more humble as a wife. I can sure point out my husbands flaws and the ways that I think he needs to improve as a husband. But this is not my job! My job as his wife is to respect my husband!

Ephesians 5:33 (New International Version)
33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

I actually want to delete the first part of that since I CAN NOT CONTROL my husbands actions. I can not change him!

I first need to pray to the Lord to CHANGE ME!! And then pray for my husband to open his heart to the LORD.

Luke 6:41-42 (New International Version)

41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

I pray dear Lord that you will show me the ways I need to change and be the wife you want me to be. I pray that thru you I can have the mercy and grace to forgive my husband, to love him unconditionally, and to surrender him and my marriage to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment