Sunday, February 7, 2010

Gossip

I am fighting the issue of Gossip it seems everyday! At work, on the phone, on Facebook!! It's so easy to get involved! And so WRONG!!

New International Version (©1984)
Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to. 1 Timothy 5:13

He who conceals his hatred has lying lips, and whoever spreads slander is a fool.Proverbs 10:18

I am making it my new goal to always pray for a person that I hear is having life troubles. How awful is it to find some kind of joy in anothers pain?

I still catch myself getting involved in gossip, but I pray to have the strength to stop myself. I am horrified when I think of some of the things I have said about others in my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment